Digital Forensics in Charlotte NC
Digital devices have become a staple in our daily lives. We use smartphones, tablets and computers to do just about everything – store contact information, send and receive text messages, make phone calls, find specific locations, take photographs, record videos, keep track of our schedules, and so much more. These devices hold a lot of data. Your average 64 gigabyte phone would contain enough data to cover 33,500 reams of paper if printed. (A ream is 500 sheets!)
In certain cases—what we would term “need-to-know” situations—extracting that data and having it professionally documented becomes highly necessary. Situations like:
- Corporate crimes and espionage
- High stakes mergers, acquisitions, lawsuits, or politics
- Disputes with significant others, including suspicions of infidelity
- Harassment and stalking
Whitesell's private investigators and Digital Forensics services include things like computer & cell phone data extraction and recovery as well as spyware detection.
How It Works
Using law enforcement-level forensic technology, we extract data from mobile devices and computers using a twofold process. Part one is a logical data extraction (“what you see is what you get”). Part two is a physical data extraction, which provides a bit-for-bit copy of the device’s complete storage, including the recovery of deleted information, decipher data, and info from password-protected apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype, as well as browser-saved passwords. The process can usually overcome password locks and mobile device SIM PIN numbers.
We fully respect your privacy and confidentiality and as such, will report results only to you.
About Our Digital Forensics Analyst
Ron Thompson is a Digital Forensics Analyst for Whitesell Investigative Services. Ron has been in the Information Technology field since the 1980’s and specializes in Data Recovery, Cell Phone Forensics and Computer Forensics. He has received training from the top computer networking and forensics companies, including Microsoft, Cisco, Novell, Cellebrite, Paraben, Oxygen Forensics and others. Ron has also been a licensed Private Investigator for several years.
Computer & Mobile Digital Forensics
Computer and mobile device extraction can yield an enormous amount of data, including:
- History of incoming, outgoing and missed calls
- Contact lists / phone book
- Messaging content (SMS texts, application or multimedia)
- Photos, videos, and audio files as well as voicemail messages in some cases
- Internet browsing history, search history, cookies, content and analytics information
- Calendar events, to-do lists and notes
- Documents, spreadsheets, presentation files and other user-created data
- Passcodes/passwords, swipe codes, and user account credentials
- Historical geolocation and cell-phone tower-related location data
- WiFi connection info
- User dictionary content
- Data from installed apps
- System files, usage logs and error messages
- Deleted data
As you can see, a person’s smartphone or tablet contains a lot of information that could be useful for learning a lot about them and their activities. When these facts are on a “need-to-know” scale, don’t wait to contact the data recovery experts at Whitesell Digital Forensics. Our data extraction services can help you find, analyze, and recover information that may be crucial to presenting the facts of your case in a court of law.
Do you suspect your computer has been compromised or that your mobile device is being monitored or bugged? Is someone spying on you through your phone? Reach out to our digital forensics experts. Our spyware detection services can help you determine whether or not you’re in any real danger.
Here are some common signs that you may have spyware or malware on your phone:
- Activities that you can’t explain
- A battery that drains rapidly
- The inexplicable knowledge of your activities by other people
- Your phone rings often but no one is on the line
- Bizarre changes in volume during calls
- Service trucks or vans often parked nearby
- Coded messages that you can’t decipher
Sound scary? Here’s something even scarier … the following is a feature list from one of the most popular spyware programs:
- Manage calls
- Track text messages
- Track locations
- Control apps and programs
- View multimedia files
- Monitor internet activity
- Read emails
- Access contacts and calendar
- Remote control
As you can see, spyware can be a real threat, but our digital forensics team & private security teams can restore your security and peace of mind with a deep spyware detection scan to determine whether your device has been compromised. We will provide a thorough report with documentation and evidence that may be given to the police or presented in a court of law.